For elementary students, we recommend the EPA’s SunWise program, a health education program that teaches children how to protect themselves against the sun. Please download and share the SunWise Presentation in classrooms, camps and wherever appropriate.
For middle and high school students, we recommend the Melanoma Education Foundation’s program called The Melanoma Lesson. It’s an excellent program that provides free melanoma lesson resources for high school and middle school health and wellness educators.
If interested in having a representative of the foundation present at your school or PTA meeting, please contact board member Jessica Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other helpful resources:
- Our recommended resource for sunscreen ratings and research is the Environmental Working Group: www.ewg.org
- American Academy of Dermatology: http://www.aad.org/
- American Cancer Society: http://www.cancer.org/
- National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention: http://www.skincancerprevention.org
- The POOL COOL Program: http://www.poolcool.org
- The SHADE Foundation: http://www.shadefoundation.org/
- Sun Safety Alliance: http://www.sunsafetyalliance.org/
- “Dear 16 Year Old Me” Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jgUcxMezM&feature=youtu.be
- Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Prevent Skin Cancer
- Wall Street Journal report on June 2012 new FDA regulations on sunscreen labeling