Events are planned to increase awareness about melanoma and how to prevent it, especially among young athletes who, like Andy did, spend so much time exposed to the sun. Andy was passionate about tennis and the outdoors, and our efforts are focused on these types of events.
The ACMF hosts, participates in, or distributes information and sunscreen packets at the following events in 2013:
- The third annual Andy Caress Melanoma Foundation Block the Sun Run and Victory Bash, May 11th in Glendale, Ohio. View event photos.
- The 2013 Western & Southern Open Tennis Tournament, August 10-18th in Mason, Ohio. View event photos.
- Bacchanalian Society Event, Sept. 19th in Cincinnati. View event photos from The Cincinnati Enquirer and I Spy Cincy.
- The Rusty Ball, November, Duke Energy Convention Center in Cincinnati
- Ski 4Yellow and Ride 4Yellow in Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- School events and health fairs